Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-27-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Salmonella Concerns, Using Egg Shells For Calcium Supplement

As the topic has stated, I've been using crushed egg shells behind my filter media to provide a calcium supplement for my snail. However, a week after I put one in, the salmonella fiasco occurs. Is salmonella dangerous for an aquarium? From now on I'm going to dry the egg shells thoroughly before putting them in the tank, but it's too late for the one I put in there.

I wouldn't think it would hurt them, because fish don't actually ingest the water for the most part. But I could be wrong

Tags
calcium, egg, shells, supplement

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com