Schooling Tetras!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garylee2112

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone!
I've just been hearing a bunch of mixed messages about tetras in general! I've noticed that other than their brighter colors, cardinal tetras also school more closely. Anyone else notice that? Also, do all tetras school together? I have six black neon tetras and wonder if they would school with my cardinal? Thanks!

ime different tetras wont usually school with other types, and different species will school more or less tightly than others

for example my brother has rummynose and they school really tight, but the bleeding hearts he has more just roam around in a loose group

My Glowlights owned the whole tank until I added a dwarf gourami. Now they stay pretty close. There's no aggression in the tank, but the gourami seems to have made them stay closer. Same with my neons in my other tank, the dwarf keeps them together. I have heard that glowlight and neons and a couple of others will school together, but that the black neons are actually a different family and will not join the neons.
I know this doesn't help much, but it's what I've picked up so far. Black neons are what I want my other school to be in my tank with the neons, but I'm looking for them to form 2 separate schools anyway.

Back
Top Bottom