Seachem Buffering Powders, Equilibrium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sometimes i think theres to much information on the internet. I've been reading for weeks. couple places got me worried about ph swings, i've heard anything under 50ppm threw 100ppm can cause swings. I'm right at 53.7/per api kh test. I've been slowly adding this buffered rodi water into a 55 gallon tank for a couple weeks now. My fish tank is right at 107.4ppm or 6 drops, it use to be about 18 drops for the kh test and 46+ for my gh test.

so i'm at the point I can make the water anywhere from 53.7ppm or i can somehow buffer it up to the 107.4ppm mark what ever is best for the plants and fish. if your saying a kh of 53 and my gh is at 125 is ok, i'm gonna go do a 50% change. I just didn't want to do it until i had a couple more people in on this eco23 said it was fine also.

thanks for your help on this guys, never thought water could be so complex.

Ok so just some fyi... use a digital scale and add seachem by the gram not teaspoon. Go to seachem website for dose calculator.

Do not let your buffering water to sit all week. Mine seemed to get this white stuff everywhere. Best to mix let sit and mix useing a powerhead for about 2 hours, then add to fishtank.

Back
Top Bottom