should I get male guppies?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BalloonBellies

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been wanting to add some male guppies to my tank. I have two female balloon belly mollies and 4 neon tetras. Will there be any problems with the guppies trying to breed with the mollies? Also will the male guppies fight? How many should I get to prevent aggression with each other? Would 3 be ok?

If the guppies aren't a good idea, does anyone have some small hardy fish suggestions?

They will be fine, mine are kind to each other. You may want to add a trio of one male and two females, there will be fry but you are less likely to have slight nipping issues and the babies are adorable and sell well enough to some LFSs. What size tank do you have?

I have a 12 gallon. So I don't want to deal with fry I have 6 baby mollies I have to give to the petshop soon (one female came pregnant)

So 3 male guppies will be good? How are they with other livebeares? Do they interbreed? I read stuff online about guppies mating with mollies :p

They will be fine, mine are kind to each other. You may want to add a trio of one male and two females, there will be fry but you are less likely to have slight nipping issues and the babies are adorable and sell well enough to some LFSs. What size tank do you have?

I have a 12 gallon. So I don't want to deal with fry I have 6 baby mollies I have to give to the petshop soon (one female came pregnant)

So 3 male guppies will be good? How are they with other livebeares? Do they interbreed? I read stuff online about guppies mating with mollies :p

Back
Top Bottom