shrimp have been banned :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at my LFS today and found out that in western australia all freshwater shrimp have been banned because to many have been found in local water ways -_- id be more worried about the chiclids that have been dumped at local ponds then the shrimp

It's always sad when this happens because irresponsible individuals release or dispose of unwanted plant and animal life into native waters with often devastating results and all the responsible fish/plant/invert owner have to pay the price. This is a horrible world wide problem.

You cant own or sell them all stock at the shop got destroyed and if you sell them on gumtree or something fisheries message you then come round and kill all your sto k

It's always sad when this happens because irresponsible individuals release or dispose of unwanted plant and animal life into native waters with often devastating results and all the responsible fish/plant/invert owner have to pay the price. This is a horrible world wide problem.

That is very true very recently a neighbor of mine told me about a buddy of his caught a 6-8lb pacu in a lake north of me they managed to keep it alive and deliver the fish to a nearby cabelas it is noe residing in a massive display tank from what I understand I'm in Washington state so waters get to cold for that fish to have lived through the winter it must've been a recent dumping

So true. One bad apple ruins the whole bucket:(

Back
Top Bottom