Sick guppies plz help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nnoah_won

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay guys so I recently got one male and three female fancy guppies one female died already and the others are sick. They will stay at the top of the surface just motionless. They may be gasping for air but I don't think this is the case. I know the water quality is okay. They are in a planted community tank and all the other fish seem to be perfectly fine. I am almost sure that the male has constipation but idk about the females. I have tried peas and Epsom salt baths but they aren't working right now.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407771481.496232.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407771500.453532.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407771516.875828.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407771539.823925.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Firstly, what are the parameters of your tank?
How much surface agitation do you have?
How big is the tank?
What filter are you using?

Peas and Epsom salt is a rememldy for constipation but not much else. They aren't going to cure any issues with breathing. Do you have an air stone you can throw in there?

Yust put some plants en a air stone in it

My whole tank is filled with plants

Anyway it is all better now, the fish are now moving well because I added more guppies and they seem to be a lot more active and not at the top of the tank. I got melafix and aquarium salt and they seemed less stressed and more active

Adding fish to a tank with sick fish is generally a pretty bad idea. But in any case, good luck with that.

I have quarantined them just in case btw thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom