Snail eater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rusilja

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey there ^^

When I first got my tank (second handed) they had a lot of snails, and it was very ugly, so I tried lettuce leaves, fish food, and many other vegs.

None of them worked to attract the snails.

So I went and got an assassin snail/ninja snail
2903_assassin_snail.jpg

The owner said it would only work for small tank (I got a 14gal, so that should fit in), I bought 1 snail for like €3.

Less than a month ago I saw that I had no more snails, and instead more and more assassin snails. That's a good thing but no snail population to eat is my second problem....

Do these assassin snails eat flakes, dry bloodworms, algae, left-overs??? :drool:

Well, if you give the mts a chance to repopulate (I'm sure you have some left under your sand), you'll have a pretty good supply of snails on awhile. You could also sell them, or try pond snails, which grow multiply alot faster than mts. (malaysian trumpet snails btw)

I guess they will also eat bloodworms etc

A site I found with more information than I could handle :p

Assassin Snails ... All you need to know and more - Aquaria Central

+1 pond snails are a PITA . I have hundreds of them between two tanks and I am actually looking forward to getting an assassin snail lol.

I'm still cycling and found many pound snails in my tank... I guess I just have to keep crushing them with my fingers :D

I'm still cycling and found many pound snails in my tank... I guess I just have to keep crushing them with my fingers :D

lol, when I first read your post I read it as "I'm still cycling and found many pounds (of) snails in my tank" and thought you forgot the preposition.. Then I started thinking how much a pound of snails would be :shocked!:

I love my assassins.I had a ramshorn outbreak, I put in 4 assassins and they are keeping the population in check. I really dont feed my snails in any of my tanks. They may get the occasional algae waffer I throw in for Mr. Pleco.

lol, when I first read your post I read it as "I'm still cycling and found many pounds (of) snails in my tank" and thought you forgot the preposition.. Then I started thinking how much a pound of snails would be :shocked!:

:D:D:D:D

Told you! LOL they will be EVERYWHERE im not even kidding. And they just dont die, unless you squish them lol:multi:

Back
Top Bottom