Stingray tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laxplaya1821

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all so currently have a 150 gallon tank with 2 four-lined catfish, 2 red bellied pacus, 2 Angelica catfish, 2 upside down catfish, 2 plecos,, 1 poly lapradei, and one red tail catfish. I wanted to put a stingray in the tank is there anything the ray wouldn't get along with?

Do you have a round tank. From what I understand stingrays like to swim in circles and if the dont they tend to hit there nose on the glass. That's just what I've researched in the past.
About getting along with the other fish in your tank someone else needs to ans that.

Hey all so currently have a 150 gallon tank with 2 four-lined catfish, 2 red bellied pacus, 2 Angelica catfish, 2 upside down catfish, 2 plecos,, 1 poly lapradei, and one red tail catfish. I wanted to put a stingray in the tank is there anything the ray wouldn't get along with?

do you plan on getting a 250 gallon or bigger tank in the future? otherwise that tank is too small for a freshwater stingray

in fact id say your pretty much stocked seeing how big some of those fish, the red tailed cat in particular, that can get up to 4 feet

Last edited:

A ray will not work with your current stock sorry. Also, soon you will need to rehome quite a few of these guys as they can grow huge. Reason they call em 'monster fish'.

Back
Top Bottom