Stocking 10g - opinions needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

99RedSi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my final change to my stocking list for my 10g:

4 Hatchets
6 Cardinal Tetras
4 Pygmy Cories

or

4 Hatchets
6 Cardinal Tetras
3 Albino Cories

I LOVE Albino cories, their pink color and extremely playful nature. Granted all cories are playful but I've had albino's before and they've always exceeded my expectations!

What do you all think? Is it stocked too much?

How long has your tank been up and running? Is it fully cycled?

As for the stocking, I think you are better off with just the pygmy cories and the tetras. I wouldn't add the hatchets. That would be too much for your tank.

The tank just finished cycling. I'm adding the fish, one specie every couple weeks.

I was going to do 5 Cardinals, 4 Pygmy Cories and 3 Khuli Loaches .. how are hatchets a bigger bio-load than Khuli loaches!?

I was going to do 5 Cardinals, 4 Pygmy Cories and 3 Khuli Loaches .. how are hatchets a bigger bio-load than Khuli loaches!?
Did I suggest this? (almost looks like my work :?)

If you love the cories, go for the albinos. The albino cories and the cardinals would pretty much fill that tank up. If you are dying for hatchets, only get one or two and of course keep up on the water changes :wink:

If you are getting all these fish from the same LFS, there is no reason not to add them all at once. If you add them separately, you should QT the new ones.

Back
Top Bottom