stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skenny

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any stocking ideas for an empty but established 20 gallon.

What interests you? A 20 (high or long?) is a great size to play with. You have a world of possibilities. :)

its a 20 high. i want to do something maybe in the cichlid family, someone else said to do 2 blue rams, 2 keyholes and 8 cardinal tetras.

What about a tetra tank?
Cardinals, Neons, Black phantoms, Glow lights, rummynose, falserummynose, diamond, congo, bleeding heart the possibitlties are endless!

its a 20 high. i want to do something maybe in the cichlid family, someone else said to do 2 blue rams, 2 keyholes and 8 cardinal tetras.

Keyholes would need a larger tank. For a SA tank, I always like to stock three levels. (top/mid-water, bottom, and centerpiece). You could do rams or apistos for center, any smallish tetra, rasbora, or danio for schooling, and cories or a BN pleco for the bottom. Still tons of other options too.

great ideas. how many rams/ tetras/ cories would you reccomend and any other ideas appreciated. and jason thats a good idea but i would like somethingother than just tetras.

Pair of rams (M/F), 8ish smaller tetra (avoid big bodied species and nippers), and 4-6 larger cories or 8-10 of the "pygmy" types. JMO and just off the top of my head. Whatever you go with, stock gradually and try to avoid the impulse buys.

k thanks for your help i think im going to go with that. i really like those rams lol

Back
Top Bottom