Stocking My 125L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ButterflyBetta

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was in my LFS today talking to the guy about my breeding mollies as I was concerned about my tank getting too full. He told me that the amount of fish I have in my tank currently is “half the number” I could have. I currently have 10 cardinals, 10 rummynoses, 4 mollies (and babies but they’re being sold), 2 amano shrimp and 4 cherry shrimp. I’m also *temporarily* looking after my friend’s 3 clown loaches until next month as his tank sprung a leak. I’m aware that my tank is not big enough for the clowns but they’re still extremely young and only about 1.5 inches long.

Is my tank overcrowded, perfect or at “half” of what it could be?

Depends on how much water maintenance you are prepared to do. Assuming your filtration is up to it as well, and you are prepared to do a big weekly water change, i would agree with your fishstore guy and the tank could cope with doubling the number of fish (excluding the clown loaches). Might look a bit overcroweded if you did (less is often more) but your tank could support more fish.

Back
Top Bottom