Stocking my 30 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anything that will grow over 4" really should not be kept in a 30g. So your choices are limited. You could do a mixed community with gourami, tetras, cory cats, rainbow, danios, barb, smaller loaches, rasboras, and inverts like snails and shrimp. How much experience do you have in the hobby? Is this tank cycled? What is your water change schedule doing to be? How much filtration will this tank have?

No, sorry - silver sharks (also known as Bala Sharks) can reach over 40cm in length and they need a tank of at least 150 gallons (some would say even more!) when they are adults!

You could probably keep them in there for a while though (presuming you will be able to re-home them as they get bigger).

Well they will probably die before you think they are too big. Stunting dramatically shortens a fishes life span.

If you answer the questions I asked previously we could all help you out more with fish selections.

I have been keeping an aquarium for 1year ish now it has a u4 in the tank at the mo I am going to upgrade to a external soon tho and I do a test every Monday and do a change accordingly

Cool. Then you should be able to keep a lot of fish, because you are on top of your water parameters. I would definitely get a different filter, I had terrible luck with my U4, my water was always spiking. How about 1 pearl gourami, 1 bosemani rainbow, 1 moonlight gourami, 5 cherry barbs, 8 kuhli loaches, and a few snails. Or you could do a South American cichlid tank with 1 angel, 1 German blue ram, 1 keyhole, 8 neons, and a bushy nose Pleco.

Could I have endler Molly's as I like the way they look nd should I up my cherry barb neon and harlequin groups ?? To larger groups as I have 2 5 4 respectively

Back
Top Bottom