Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
A friend asked me to ask this here. They want to know if they can add any more fish to their 25 gallon tank filtered with a Aqueon Quietflow for 2 times the tank volume.
They have-
6- False Julii Cories
6- Zebra Danios(I'm actually pretty sure they are leopard danios)
1- Honey Dwarf Gourami
1- Male Guppy
1- Koi Swordtail

Loading... said:
Just a little if they have plants make a breeding guppy pair and breeding swordtail

That's what I thought but they insisted I post it here. They do NOT want fry of any type, shape, or form until they get more experience.

Why just leave fry in tank as food or fend for them selves... Also get live plants for fish/fry to hide in

Loading... said:
Why just leave fry in tank as food or fend for them selves... Also get live plants for fish/fry to hide in

Because there are children in the family and they don't want them watching the fry be eaten. There are lots of decorations in the tank. Again, they DO NOT want fish that will breed easily and they do not want live plants as they are too much upkeep. I've already tried that route. Also, the otos you suggested require lots of food to survive and this tank has fierce food competition and is scrupulously clean. No algae anywhere.

Wisteria... It's a live plant... Easiest ever I could grow it eyes closed lights off I bet... Try it

emerald76 said:
Because there are children in the family and they don't want them watching the fry be eaten. There are lots of decorations in the tank. Again, they DO NOT want fish that will breed easily and they do not want live plants as they are too much upkeep. I've already tried that route:

True I guess the OTO's

Loading... said:
Wisteria... It's a live plant... Easiest ever I could grow it eyes closed lights off I bet... Try it

Please, stop suggesting things these people do not want. Sorry if I sound rude.

It's fine but Oto catfish said it 3 times! Sorry not being rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hah jk

Loading... said:
It's fine but Oto catfish said it 3 times! Sorry not being rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hah jk

I'll tell them about the otos.

Back
Top Bottom