Super shy rasboras!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropical Aquarist

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 12 dwarf emerald rasboras (actually now danios, similar to Celestial pearl danios) in a 10gal quarantine tank, and they are REALLY SHY!!!! They constantly hide when they sense movement, and are so skittish.

Will this go away over time? Any ideas to ease then in better?

How long have you had them? Are there any plants or places for them to hide until they feel more comfortable?

I've had them a week, they have several plastic plants, leave litter and 2 caves....

I guess I'm too impatient, lol

Are they tall, leafy looking plants? I have CPD and they're all over the place because they have tall leafy plants to hide in at need. I love the fish you got! They're so cute!

I did some reading and apparently they're known to be shy and skittish. They prefer a dark substrate in a heavily planted tanks and can be jumpers.

Here's a tank picture:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449873359.616617.jpg
No leafy plants...

Huh, I might return them if they stay so shy:-(

Awe. That's a shame. Maybe Endlers, then? They're also small, very pretty and definitely not as shy.

I think I'll give them some more time, I can't return them, it's inly short time....

I wonder if I put a betta or larger fish in there if they'd be more comfortable...

My guess is the betta would eventually eat them . I wouldn't take the chance. Give them time to settle in And you could always add a silk plant that is leafy and goes from top to bottom. Alison

Mine were extremely shy for the first month or so I had them. I have some guppies in with them, and they guppies seem to make them more bold. They are starting swim out in the open more now.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Back
Top Bottom