Swapping fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowryder

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am worring about my pleco. I keep my aquarium super clean and I feel he doesnt get enough to eat. I feed algae waffers at night but in the morning they are covered by snails. So I worry that he is not eating, he hasnt grown much since I got him. I am wondering if he would do better in someone elses tank? Anyway, my lfs has just got in some beautiful apistos. I was wondering if my bn pleco and 2 apistos would have about the same bioload?

Yep, the bio-load is about the same, or less, for the apistos... it's hard to tell exactly though because stocking is such a complex issue. For instance, although the apistos poop less they are in general messier eaters so they leave waste... but more importantly, they claim more open territory than the pleco.

So depending on your stock (I know you have keyholes and i'm pretty sure tetras/cories?) I would say you're ok as far as bio-load as long as you do your research :)

Back
Top Bottom