Synodontis decorus catfish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

james77

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I was able to get one of these for my 55g angel tank about 11 months ago. I bought it at 1.5" and it is now 4 inches. I mush say it's a gentle giant, it gets along great with my cory's and doesn't uproot my live plants. It's very reclusive though you only see it during feedings. Their really hard to come by in my Area and when I bought it I wasn't sure what I had bought till I did some research. Very pretty catfish for sure, the only other one I ever saw was a 7" one going for 50 dollars at the lfs. Anyone on here ever kept one of these?

I really want one they look amazing all I have Right now is a featherfin catfish- syndontis eupertus I think.

I've kept several, they grow a bit larger than the more common eupterus or angelicus. Sadly, their background color becomes a coppery brown rather than the white of the juvies. Unlike most larger Syno's they are a social species, best kept in groups. Few people have a large enough tank to properly house a group though, and a 55 is actually too small for one mature adult.

Yeah I know. I'm hoping by that time I'll have my 125g and I can keep it. Otherwise I'll have take it to the lfs for a trade or in store credit.

I moved your thread to the general freshwater discussion where hopefully it will get a few more responses. It really doesn't belong in the cichlid forum.

I love the Synodontis genus of catfish, but haven't ventured into trying Synodontis decorus specifically.

Back
Top Bottom