Tail Rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heavy_321

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do you treat tail rot and is it pretty straight forward on what tail rot looks like. My Dwarf gourami's tail looks like it is deteriorating.

You should post this question on the unhealthy fish forum you`ll get great help. Best of luck gourami`s are so sweet.
Troy

clean water, i also heard a dose of aquarium salt is helpful, there are also medicines out there if that fails

What are your readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? Quite often, fin/tail rot is caused by poor water parameters.

It can also be a symptom of columnaris. How are the other fish in the tank?

If it's not disease and is due to the water quality, water changes will help tremendously.

Oh no! Not tail rot! But dwarf gouramis seem to always get it. Like Lynda said we need the parameters.

But if it does end up being tail rot, I isolated my DG and treated with Maracyn.

One of my cichlids lost his whole tail fin due to neglecting water changes. A 50% pwc and a variety of salts and 2 days later you could notice the regrowth! He's now all fine again. :)
Just make sure it doesn't get infected

Back
Top Bottom