Tank idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would it work if you set up 3 tanks 125 together had one freshwater one brackish and one saltwater. Have the freshwater and the saltwater mix to make the brackish and have the saltwater lead to a pot sealed tight to heat it and cause it to evaporate and run to the freshwater tank as rain? Something I'd like to experiment with

Keep calm and drum on

It sounds improbable but if you get it to work then post pics and diagrams.
I still think it's a mad idea though ?.

Sent from my iPad in West Yorkshire, U.K.

I feel like you would have a hard time getting consistency for brackish water and how you'll set up efficiently the distillery to the fresh

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The real question is, why? What's the benefit to a setup like that? Not trying to be mean, genuinely curious.

Just an idea that I think would be cool to pull off. And something I've never seen someone attempt.

Keep calm and drum on

How would you control an outbreak between the tanks???
If you heat the water up how is it cooled?
Just some thoughts on it??? But I like your challenge and idea's!!![emoji6]

Clem

If I read it correctly they are all connected somehow??

I see salinity issues becoming a quick problem especially with water changes.

Caleb

Use water bridges to connect them and use a pump from the saltwater to the brackish tank and have powerheads to create a current. Water changes wouldn't be that bad just change the freshwater and saltwater ones and let the brackish cycle through would be my best guess for that

Keep calm and drum on

Use water bridges to connect them and use a pump from the saltwater to the brackish tank and have powerheads to create a current. Water changes wouldn't be that bad just change the freshwater and saltwater ones and let the brackish cycle through would be my best guess for that

Keep calm and drum on

Wouldn't you just be pumping dirty water into the brackish? Put it sounds like an interesting idea

Sent via echolocation

I was thinking about it at work and I have an idea for it that may work. Have the 3 120g tanks have a 10g tank and a 20g tank. A water bridge connects them and a canister filter runs between the saltwater and brackish tank so as freshwater from the current comes in saltwater stabilizes the salinity. On the salt water tank it runs into a series of long thin pipes to evaporate and the water vapor goes through a pipe that branches off from that into a 20g tank and fills it up. Then once every so many houses a second pipe open and water is let through to flush out the pipe getting heated and drains into a 10g tank and the slat gets mixed back in. From there a pump pumps it back into the saltwater tank.
That's the best way I could think of. Not practical, efficient, or cost effective but if it could be pulled off that be incredible.

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom