Tank mate suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
10 gallon (that is what makes it hard :( )

planted

current inhabitant is a (as yet un-identified species) apisto male.

img_756168_0_c246a6fe602214a2ef32f4c793f7cb1f.jpg

i am thinking a school of tetra, but do not want neons...

any other ideas?

i am going to make it more difficult, tank mate must be of S. American origins (i do not like to mix species from different parts of the wold in my tanks..lol )

suggest away!

here are some

hatches (to big im thinking for a school though right?)
cory's ( I would suggest that!)
Hyphessobrycon, Boehlkea, and Thayeria tetra's.......

blazeyreef said:
here are some

hatches (to big im thinking for a school though right?)
cory's ( I would suggest that!)
Hyphessobrycon, Boehlkea, and Thayeria tetra's.......
my one problem with cory's is they are bottom feeders... apitso spend most of thier time on the bottom, so i feel that that layer would be too crowded.

i have though of marbl hatches... i think they stay smaller.. would a school of say 4 be ok in a ten?

the other tetra you suggested i am un familar with, i will have to research them and see how hard they would be to get in my area...

Satsumas said:
Rummy Noses!
I'm planning to get some, as i hear they are very good shoalers and unique looking aswell.
i though rummy-nose got too big for a ten?

thanks guys!

keep them comming! :D

I personally like glo-light tetras and they stay small so you could get 6 of them for a 10.

I wouldn't go with cories, since they occupy the same level as the apistos. Given the limited size, I'd go for the smaller tetras. I think you could get away with some rummynose.

If you do decide on getting hatchetfish, make sure your tank is tightly covered. The jumping ability of this species, combined with their skittishness spells disaster for an uncovered tank.

Back
Top Bottom