Tank mates query

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kittann

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! I've got a 12 gallon with two happy guppy boys and would ideally like to get some girlfriends for them. Can anyone offer ideas about a tank mate that would help keep the fry population under control (I don't have any floating plants so that should help) but will keep the tank from being overcrowded? I am thinking I'll end up with 6 guppies so I don't have much room left. Thank you for any ideas in advance!

kittann said:
Hi everyone! I've got a 12 gallon with two happy guppy boys and would ideally like to get some girlfriends for them. Can anyone offer ideas about a tank mate that would help keep the fry population under control (I don't have any floating plants so that should help) but will keep the tank from being overcrowded? I am thinking I'll end up with 6 guppies so I don't have much room left. Thank you for any ideas in advance!

No matter what a 12 is to small to have both genders in, you'll have 30 fish in, a few weeks even with something to control the population.

Hey, thanks for the reply....!
Well, there goes that idea! :). Perhaps neon tetras instead & the boys will just have to adjust to life without ladies. As long as my fish are happy & heathy, that's all that really concerns me.

Back
Top Bottom