Tank Update, Stock Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nkim1994

Aquarium Advice Regular
So, my tank has been up for over a month now with fish yay^^^

Nothing too bad happened yet!

here is some picture on bottom...!

I trimmed my plants!

So my current stock is

5x panda cory ^^
7x cardinal tetra only 3 days so far in my tank
6x harlequins!

i had 7 panda cory, but two died, one injured itself and the other.... I have no idea... but they are in the big tank in the sky now....

Question, My panda cory, mainly two but sometimes three, go flying after each other all over the back wall.... are they practicing for mating or something? I dunno why they do that^^ but its fun too watch! I dont see any eggs... though I'm not sure id even know what they look like!

So I was wondering...

Can I still get a DG or do you think it would be a bad idea for how big my tank is? Its a 20 gallon... I think dimensions are on my profile!

From the pictures do you think a DG would be happy in there?

I am thinking about adding more plants too btw!

any advice would be nice^^ I love my pandas btw, not as hard to keep as i thought... and so far same thought with cardinals!

:confused:

Attachments

• hi2.jpg
    hi2.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 61
  • hi1.jpg
    hi1.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 55
  • hi 3.jpg
    hi 3.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 64
So, my tank has been up for over a month now with fish yay^^^

Nothing too bad happened yet!

here is some picture on bottom...!

I trimmed my plants!

So my current stock is

5x panda cory ^^

7x cardinal tetra only 3 days so far in my tank

6x harlequins!

i had 7 panda cory, but two died, one injured itself and the other.... I have no idea... but they are in the big tank in the sky now....

Question, My panda cory, mainly two but sometimes three, go flying after each other all over the back wall.... are they practicing for mating or something? I dunno why they do that^^ but its fun too watch! I dont see any eggs... though I'm not sure id even know what they look like!

So I was wondering...

Can I still get a DG or do you think it would be a bad idea for how big my tank is? Its a 20 gallon... I think dimensions are on my profile!

From the pictures do you think a DG would be happy in there?

I am thinking about adding more plants too btw!

any advice would be nice^^ I love my pandas btw, not as hard to keep as i thought... and so far same thought with cardinals!

:confused:

I don't know about the Cory Cats, Corys just do things that confuse us higher level organisms. They're incredibly random and weird fishes, just expect them to do stupid stuff like that from time to time!
As with the Dwarf Gourami (that's what I assume you mean by DG) he'd be iffy in your tank. They're known to be rather aggressive towards smaller, and well most fish. If you got one watch him closely and make sure he doesn't pick on anyone.
The main thing is to make sure there's enough cover on the lower to mid regions of the tank to break eyesight. Your tank should be ok but I'd air on the side of caution.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't know about the Cory Cats, Corys just do things that confuse us higher level organisms. They're incredibly random and weird fishes, just expect them to do stupid stuff like that from time to time!
As with the Dwarf Gourami (that's what I assume you mean by DG) he'd be iffy in your tank. They're known to be rather aggressive towards smaller, and well most fish. If you got one watch him closely and make sure he doesn't pick on anyone.
The main thing is to make sure there's enough cover on the lower to mid regions of the tank to break eyesight. Your tank should be ok but I'd air on the side of caution.

I will add more plant and float one, btw do you know about the zoomed floating log? Do you think a DG would like it? or fit in it?

I will add more plant and float one, btw do you know about the zoomed floating log? Do you think a DG would like it? or fit in it?

He'd defiantly fit in it but I've never used them. A buddy of mine had one and I don't know if he liked it but man was it an eye sore to me at least. If you want one go for it!
But I don't exactly know how much they'd like it, most Dwarf Gouramis I've seen tend to stay towards the bottom and mid level sections so I can't really see him using it a lot but hey who knows!
I recently (by recently I mean about a month ago) rescued a DG from a terrible home and put him in my 60 and I've never seen him come above the mid section to do anything but eat.
They're tough fish, especially since he survived a disease that about 68% of my tank didn't!
I'd honestly be curious to see if he used it, it'd be an interesting little experiment for you! The main reason I don't like them much is because the log is floating so therefor it'd move with the current. I don't know how much fish would like a log moving up and down and all around the top section!

*EDIT* sorry for the double post! If a mod would remove this yeah that'd be great!

Back
Top Bottom