Tetra easy balance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobyshark

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is it and should I use it to lower phosphates in my tank? I'm growing crazy hair algae!!!

Not sure exactly what it is, but it says to use it every week and you don't have to do a water change for six months. I didn't trust that claim, so I didn't go that route. Idk about hair algae. I'm pretty sure that's what's now in my shrimp tank. It came with my shrimp. The store let them live in a giant ball of it and some got caught in the net. Everything I read said it was caused by too much light and too much fertilization. But I hadn't even fertilized that tank when I got it and it gets barely any natural light, and the stuff was all over my filter intake cover and air bubbler.

I used it in my tank before (because I accidentally grabbed the wrong bottle at the store) instead of a decholrinator, I got the balance. Since I had it I decided to try it out in my 10g.

I don't know about the actual benefits, but it made my water cloudy in a established tank. Haven't used it since, but that's just my experience.

Back
Top Bottom