Tetra Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ahmed dada

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone! :)

So I bought 12 Neons originally and 11 died of Ich (long story). So obviously one survived and has been for a month in my 55 gallon.

I went to the LFS and came home with 10 Cardinals. My Neon looks very lonely and sad without any buddies so I have a simple question: will he school with the Cardinals? Will he be happy with them? I have reached the stock limit for my tank and don't want to risk Neons again but no one will take this poor fish back :(:(:(

Will he be happy? :) with his cousins to suffice? Since they are the same colour and shape and size.

In my tank:

11 Harlequin
4 Pepper Cory's
1 Guppy (another long story)
1 Neon
5 (5 year old) Glowlights
10 Cardinals

+ 4 GBR (on order)

Happy tank or sad one? It is densely planted, homemade co2, with t5's. Water params are pristine (0, 0, 20ppm)

Sorry for my awful writing and grammar in this post! :)

He may he may not, cardinals are larger than neons. And if he's been along for a month he may not school.

I brought 3 harlequins and then another 3 and they don't really school as one unless I'm cleaning or fiddling with the tank.

Cardinals and neons can grow to just about the same size. I have 11 neons that in about a year are hitting close to 1-1/2" and still growing where as my over 20 cardinals alittle older than the neons are no where near that size.

It will just depend on the neon as to whether it will join the cardinal school. If it hasn't it may not. What size tank do you have? Adding 5 more neons unless you have too small a tank will not increase your bio-load to much.. I understand about the ich issue so do you have a small tank you could quarantine a few neons in?

Back
Top Bottom