Tetra Safe Start?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OctobFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, I am currently trying to cycle a 5 Gallon betta tank. I set it up a few days ago, but I've been doing water changes so the ammonia doesn't build up (it hasn't passed zero.) I know... A tank needs ammonia in order to cycle, but I am worried about hurting my fish. Yesterday I did a water change at 9 or 10 PM.... I added my Nutrafin Aqua Plus dechlorinator.

Anyways, it is currently 3:52 PM... Around 3:30 - 3:40 PM... I added a bottle of Tetra Safe Start (Walmart less concentrated brand.) I also fed my betta 1 Omega Pellet, then added 2-3 pellets in the water for the bacteria to feed on.

The water went super cloudy.. After 10 minutes it slightly went down, but still cloudy.

My question is... Since, I added it too early (didn't wait till 9 PM?) Does that mean the TSS I just added is all gonna die now because?? The dechlorinator is still active?? Or am I ok?

I still have another bottle of unused.. TSS but I wanted to use that on another aquarium.. But I guess I'll have to pick up more when I can.

Back
Top Bottom