The loach's 29 gallon tank journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or just get one dwarf gourami? Don't need to get multiple ones.

And maybe you could add a few more fish to your schools.

There's no other way to pay, like send cash over there or something?

You can go into Walmart (or any store nowadays) and just pick up a check card, that you put cash on right there and pay online things with that. For example I have a vanilla visa (I think another is green dot visa? There a few out there). I got it for 1$ or so and put 25$ on it at the register. It doesn't link to your bank account or anything. They have a few like that, I prefer to use those to buy things online cause its safer.

You can go into Walmart (or any store nowadays) and just pick up a check card, that you put cash on right there and pay online things with that. For example I have a vanilla visa (I think another is green dot visa? There a few out there). I got it for 1$ or so and put 25$ on it at the register. It doesn't link to your bank account or anything. They have a few like that, I prefer to use those to buy things online cause its safer.

Wow, I think that's great, thanks!

Loach your all over the map! Lol good for u tho man. Keep on fish keeping brother

Thanks:) if my parents would just let me put the leopard gecko cage on top of my drawer, my desk would be able to keep a 55 gallon tank!

Ok, so this weekend I was going to get everithing to finish my aquascaping, but I might have lost my high school literature book, and it costs 80 dollars to replace it, so If I did loose it I might have to hault the tank for a while:/

So, I added a cave today for the fish, I added a java fern, and two more amazon swords, all I need for the aquascaping is to add dwarf hair grass all over the floor
How does it look?
img_2481904_0_940f197f9904438d351bdaf59aafd8d0.jpg

So, I added a cave today for the fish, I added a java fern, and two more amazon swords, all I need for the aquascaping is to add dwarf hair grass all over the floor
How does it look?

DHG might be a little too difficult with the lighting you have and without co2, I suggest researching it a little more before making your purchase so you know what you're getting. Tank is coming along nicely

I still need
The dwarf hair grass
7 neon tetras
5 red eye tetras
1 German blue ram
1 Bolivian ram
3 peppered corys
4 otocinclus

DHG might be a little too difficult with the lighting you have and without co2, I suggest researching it a little more before making your purchase so you know what you're getting. Tank is coming along nicely

Thanks!
The pump I have won't work by putting in co2?
Do I have too much lighting?

Thanks!
The pump I have won't work by putting in co2?
Do I have too much lighting?

The air pump and air stone? This won't add any extra co2 to your tank. Supplemental co2 is added by a DIY yeast and sugar reactor or a pressurized co2 cylinder. I doubt you have too much light, DHG is a high light plant. What light do you have again?

It is the light from my desk, but it is brighter than an led light, it lights up my whole room with no other light, and from about 7 am to 6pm it gets my window light, and from 6 to about 11 it gets that super high light
How do I add the co2 and how much, is it a thing that I can just get a tube in the water and blow in co2 for 10 minutes a day, or is it something that I need to supplement all day long? All my other plans ave been fine with nothing added on

It is the light from my desk, but it is brighter than an led light, it lights up my whole room with no other light, and from about 7 am to 6pm it gets my window light, and from 6 to about 11 it gets that super high light
How do I add the co2 and how much, is it a thing that I can just get a tube in the water and blow in co2 for 10 minutes a day, or is it something that I need to supplement all day long? All my other plans ave been fine with nothing added on

Co2 can be quite expensive or it can be relatively cheap. A quick google search can give you more information about co2 systems than you ever need to know. It's also not about how much light but how much of correct light. With using a lamp that's not dedicated to the tank and window light I would assume that it probably won't do what you're wanting the plant to do

By window light i mean natural sunlight (sorry if you know what I mean by window light)
The light is not a lamp, you know how those hood lights have the bulb that is long and cylindrical, it is the same thing but double the size and light it gives of
img_2482024_0_bf745c5c5b457ce1b028fada6f210646.jpg

How does it look?
img_2482110_0_940f197f9904438d351bdaf59aafd8d0.jpg

Do you have some sort of a CO2 system? without it the chance of you succeeding in growing out the dwarf hairgrass is very minimum IMO

I think I'm buying this, it's 15 dollars, I need to put 3 mililliters every day if I'm correct, and it has 16 ounces, so that will last me about 169 days, which is ok, so is it good?
Also, in a pretty far future(maybe six or seven months) I'll be changing my gravel for plant fertilizer, the fertilizer won't harm my fish right?
Also, the co2 won't harm my fish or parameters right?, also, I am going to put root tablets in, so will this be good?
img_2482130_0_1fd98c27bca069bb7d4cceefaf5671ec.jpg

Back
Top Bottom