The loach's 29 gallon tank journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so you all have seen what I kind of like want for a ground or carpet plant, are there any less demanding types of plants, would those dwarf super skinny amazon swords work?

Ok, so you all have seen what I kind of like want for a ground or carpet plant, are there any less demanding types of plants, would those dwarf super skinny amazon swords work?

I would imagine moss or clover (if you like those looks). It will be slow going but eventually cover.

Edit- also they have mosses/plants planted on mesh at my LFS they sell. You just put down the mesh and it will grow and not have to worry about "growing" a carpet, as its already done for you.

Ok, so I want to add four, maybe five Cory cats, I can't decide between julii or peppered, can I have two of each and will they school together?

Ok, so I want to add four, maybe five Cory cats, I can't decide between julii or peppered, can I have two of each and will they school together?

IME different types won't be as close but there are different responses to that. I have two peppered and one bronze and the bronze is definitely more left out.

You're still going to finish your scaping before adding them right?

Yes, of course I'm doing the scaping first, in that case, which are better, as far as personality, and which are better over all, julii or peppered.
I'm pretty much done with aquascaping, just need a plant or moss for the ground, i think that that's a really minor change, can I add fish?

Here is my tank, I just need dwa
img_2485893_0_b00ff727e74bc9dd29fd63e575d2c8dc.jpg
rf hair grass for the floor, it will not change much, and I don't want it to grow more than two inches, so not much change

Personality wise corydoras are generally the same. You should be picking based on ease of care, color pattern and most importantly full grown size. Between these two the size is the same so pick which ever cory you like and get 4 of them. As of now what else do you have in the tank?

Where's the gourami? Looks good. Can't wait for it to fill out more

Personality wise corydoras are generally the same. You should be picking based on ease of care, color pattern and most importantly full grown size. Between these two the size is the same so pick which ever cory you like and get 4 of them. As of now what else do you have in the tank?

I currently have 2 belly balloon mollies, and four black kuhlis

Where's the gourami? Looks good. Can't wait for it to fill out more

My gourami died :( :cry: he was very active and fine, until one day, he was sitting at the bottom, just sitting there tilted in a 45 degree angle, he was floating the next day:(

Besides the fish, I have three amazon swords, one Anubias nana, one el niño fern, at least I think it is, and about four or five stems of anacharis

No, they didn't die, my mom really liked them, and of course, had to put them in my 55 gallon in my living room

Of course! I have told her that they have overstocked that tank, but she gave me that face, and of course I had to give them up, she will probably do the same thing when I get the red eye tetras and otocinclus, and especially the gb ram and the Bolivian ram

Yea, I'll watch diseases, but non of my other fish show signs of anything, so I we'd say no diseases

Ok, so you know how german blue rams are ver delicate, well I really don't want to go through much trouble with them, so do you think that I should get two Bolivian ras, ore one Bolivian and one German?

i would go with Bolivians for now as your tank isn't mature yet. and later on down the road you can give these Bolivians to your mom and get some German rams. even in my established tank, i have 4/10 German rams dead because they're that sensitive.

I agree with huiz, Bolivians would be your best bet right now. They are still a bit sensitive, but not to the level of GBR so you'll have better luck that route.
Out of the 9 GBR I bought originally 4f 5m, I only have 1 male and 3 females left, so if you do really want GBR's, then I'd go with female only as they are more hardy IME, so they may save you a bit of money on deaths

Back
Top Bottom