The loach's 29 gallon tank journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems like you're really rushing this. I think you should hold off on buying any more fish for a few days and think long and hard about your stock. Once you KNOW without a doubt what you want next get it. You added an angel overnight and buying one this weekend seems too soon.

Well, instead of the ghosts (which IME are lame anyways), I'd add one more city and 2 more oto's. I'd maybe also decrease the group of kuhi's or cut out either the GBR or Angel to add less bioload if you add what I suggested.

I'm adding the ghost shrimp because they are aleays good with me, the last oes I had grew huge, and they really help glean out the tank
I'm probably moving my kuhlis to my 55 gallon

Still seems like a lot of bodies for your size tank. And remember, the Oto s do better in a mature tank. I love your enthusiasm tho, best of luck!

Thank you:)
I'm adding my oto's last, in about 4 months
I wanted to buy mystery snails to keep the algae problem down while I get the otos, but. Dont have a lid, so I don't want them to crawl out

It seems like you're really rushing this. I think you should hold off on buying any more fish for a few days and think long and hard about your stock. Once you KNOW without a doubt what you want next get it. You added an angel overnight and buying one this weekend seems too soon.

I really want an angelfish as m centerpiece fish, but I have been debating that because of the aggression, bu my other angels are more peaceful tan my rainbowfish and mollies, so I'll give it a shot
I really wan ghost shrimp too because of the clean up they do
M also reall decided on the neons, otos, and julii Cory's

If you're sure you want them go for it just remember your 55 gallon doesn't have unlimited space so you can't just keep putting the rejects in there. I think an angel would look very nice in your tank

Yea, right now my tank has just recovered fom a combined ick/ fungus outbreak, the only things that survived where 2 rainbowfish, an angelfish, 4 scissor tail rasboras, a ballon belly Molly, and 2 black Molly's

Thanks, I'm really hoping to get a black angel with the grayish stripes running through it

Ok, so today I added my angelfish and two balloon belly mollies, and a bunch of anacharis how is it looking
Current inhabitants:
4 black kuhli loaches
2 balloon belly mollies
One angelfish
Still need:
German blue ram
Neon tetras
Julii Cory's
Otocinclus
Ghost shrimp
Maybe:
One bn pleco
One dwarf gourami
Decorations:
Java fern
Marimo moss balls
Some sort of driftwood
Maybe another anacharis bunch
How does it look?

Attachments

• image-928821030.jpg
    image-928821030.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 80
  • image-1226606691.jpg
    image-1226606691.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 68
  • image-191550845.jpg
    image-191550845.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 67
  • image-703842702.jpg
    image-703842702.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 65
  • image-2200936550.jpg
    image-2200936550.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 67
  • image-1011571347.jpg
    image-1011571347.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3855615575.jpg
    image-3855615575.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 60
  • image-168289100.jpg
    image-168289100.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 75
Plants are looking good . Nice Angelfish! Maybe add a background to the outside if the tank & a big rock? on the left side ? Coming along nicely tho :).

Yea, I am going to add a background one of these days
I am really thinking on getting driftwood, or one of those rocks they sell at petsmart?

Ok, driftwood, though I don't think petsmarts is real driftwood

i would recommend u to go to a local fish store instead of a national chain, chances are they do carry the driftwood. or you can look up Malaysian driftwood on ebay or some other website. but i do prefer goung to a store and look at it so that u can picture how it's going to be placed in ur tank

Ok, so this tiny little snail came with my anacharis, what is it?

Attachments

• image-1790274639.jpg
    image-1790274639.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image-3529141545.jpg
    image-3529141545.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 65
Ok, driftwood, though I don't think petsmarts is real driftwood

petsmart has grape driftwood (any maybe another variety or two) in the reptile section. Avoid the grape at all costs, it floats forever and rots fast.
If you have a pet supplies plus in your area, I'd suggest going there. They have malaysian driftwood in their reptile section, a large piece for $10 or so which is a good deal. That's where I bought my first piece.

There's also a lot of good deals on aquabid for it. I got a package of 3 peices of DW plus a bunch of lava and zebra rock (like 10 pcs total) for $25 (with shipping). If you can, I'd go there or ebay first as you can tend to get better looking pieces on there.

Ok, so this tiny little snail came with my anacharis, what is it?

Not sure what type but I can tell you that plants do tend to bring in snails and sometimes their eggs. You can sometimes find yourself with a snail infestation quickly. I have got a few in my tank and if they stay that way, it'll be fine. If they start to reproduce, (some snails do NOT need mates to reproduce) you may want to get a few assassin snails to take them out. Or you can remove this one. We have three in our tank and they have stayed at three for six weeks so, thus far, no problem.

Back
Top Bottom