Thinking of getting a new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course!:)

I live them, probably the most active fish in my 29(definitely the most active bottom feeder, since I have a Raphael catfish and a Bolivian ram)

I'm on it in the morning!!!! Hopefully they have some and if so will post pics once I get them home!!! Thank you so much for the advice!!!

If you can try to see if you can find striped kuhli loaches. Essentially the same thing but much more interesting looking IMO.

If you can try to see if you can find striped kuhli loaches. Essentially the same thing but much more interesting looking IMO.

Yeah... I'm favoring the striped ones as well!! So glad I have a place like this to come to for advice! Thank you all so much and any additional advice about anything..stocking , water changes, care, ect.. Would be greatly appreciated. Again, I thank you!

Of course:)
I am pretty dedicated on feeding my kuhlis, I feed zucchini, and leafy greens like kale and romaine lettuce

Of course:) I am pretty dedicated on feeding my kuhlis, I feed zucchini, and leafy greens like kale and romaine lettuce

Ok.. Dumb question here.. So please forgive my beginnerness ( ha new word)... I feed the fish the tropical flakes.. Do I just shred some lettuce and drop it in as well? If so how much,.. And I guess while we are on the topic.. What is considered (over feeding) they can say a couple of flakes per fish.. This seems a little difficult because the Glofish tetras, guppie and mollies go beast mode at feeding and it seems as if the neon tetras kinda get screwed in the process...

Guidance??

And I'm so sorry for all of the questions,,,

Ok.. Dumb question here.. So please forgive my beginnerness ( ha new word)... I feed the fish the tropical flakes.. Do I just shred some lettuce and drop it in as well? If so how much,.. And I guess while we are on the topic.. What is considered (over feeding) they can say a couple of flakes per fish.. This seems a little difficult because the Glofish tetras, guppie and mollies go beast mode at feeding and it seems as if the neon tetras kinda get screwed in the process...

Guidance??

And I'm so sorry for all of the questions,,,
Whatever they can eat in 3-4 minutes. twice a day is good. It will cut down on your cleaning and maintenance. Also, you could switch it up so they get a good variety. Try some small sinking pellets, that way some food will sink and some will float. Giving the neons an opportunity to eat with everyone else and not get lost in the shuffle.

Whatever they can eat in 3-4 minutes. twice a day is good. It will cut down on your cleaning and maintenance. Also, you could switch it up so they get a good variety. Try some small sinking pellets, that way some food will sink and some will float. Giving the neons an opportunity to eat with everyone else and not get lost in the shuffle.

Thank you for the advice!! Never thought about the pellets!!

Back
Top Bottom