Tiger oscar in a mounity tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freshwater fish guy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm thinking about getting a tiger Oscar with other fish like tetras ,danios,platy,Molly's what do u peeps think sorry I ment community

The Oscar will eat all of those fish faster than you would have thought possible. They do best in only VERY large tanks with fish bigger than their mouths, or by them selves. What size tank and what filtration?

Oscars need at least a 60 gallon aquarium with excellent filtration.

Freshwater fish guy said:
I'm thinking about getting a tiger Oscar with other fish like tetras ,danios,platy,Molly's what do u peeps think

I suggest you do a little more research on the fish you think you want, the size of tanks they need and their compatibility with other fish. I think that would help you out a lot as I noticed your other question about your pleco.

I don't know what filteration but I do know it's a 60 gallon tank with some red tailed tinfoil barb and a pleco is there any why he won't eat the fish

I don't know what filteration but I do know it's a 60 gallon tank with some red tailed tinfoil barb and a pleco is there any why he won't eat the fish

Well you should to try to find out what kind if filtration you have ASAP. also tinfoil barbs and your pleco both need bigger tanks. Probably around 125 at least. I'm not 100% positive though. And an Oscar with eat all of those fish no matter what. As stated before, do some more research. Again be sure I find out what kind of filtration you have.

No. He's going to eat everything smaller than him. Those tinfoil barbs are going to get big as well so at a 60g tank with all those fish plus adding an Oscar, you're overstocked.

Yeah overstocked. Sorry man hate to burst your bubble but an Oscar won't work.

Back
Top Bottom