Tiger scat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HairlessPotter

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today at the lfs I saw these little guys and couldn't resist. After asking a hundred questions I bought one. I read online that they need brackish water but mine is in fresh and was at the store too. The store owner never mentioned this and actually had some larger scats in fw also so im thinking they can do good in fw. Besides brackish water I couldn't find any info on this fish. Anybody know anything about them?

Wow. I was worried my barbs would beat him up cuz he is not even a third their size. Turns out the barbs are scared of him, and now he's in their school

I bought a ruby scat 8-10 months ago for my peaceful community tank, then got home and did my research and found out they get huge and want brackish water...
But I fell in love with him, and now he is about 5 1/2 inches and in with some aggressive cichlids.
I have kept him in freshwater, and I plan to for as long as I can.
I don't know about yours, but mine is a HUGE bully. Anything more than a couple of inches long (unless it is a bottom dwelling fish like loaches or catfish) he chases around relentlessly. I've tried just about EVERYTHING to find a suitable tank mate for him, and Jaguar Cichlids seem to be the only thing he gets on with.
They are beautiful fish with great personalities. I hope you still have yours!

Attachments

• image-2262549144.jpg
    image-2262549144.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 108
c_starfish said:
I bought a ruby scat 8-10 months ago for my peaceful community tank, then got home and did my research and found out they get huge and want brackish water...
But I fell in love with him, and now he is about 5 1/2 inches and in with some aggressive cichlids.
I have kept him in freshwater, and I plan to for as long as I can.
I don't know about yours, but mine is a HUGE bully. Anything more than a couple of inches long (unless it is a bottom dwelling fish like loaches or catfish) he chases around relentlessly. I've tried just about EVERYTHING to find a suitable tank mate for him, and Jaguar Cichlids seem to be the only thing he gets on with.
They are beautiful fish with great personalities. I hope you still have yours!

That's a great looking fish!
But unfortunately I don't have mine anymore, ended up selling it. But good luck with yours!

Back
Top Bottom