Too much bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

torres

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, i started to use the string in my filter that instead of just throwing air to the tank, now give loads of bubbles, and ive noticed my wee gold serevum got some bubbles on his tail and thats it.
The filter is making a lot bubbles, but im using it more to hide some scratches, my question is, is it alright for the fish, or they hate bubbles?

20130303203212.jpg

Hi, i started to use the string in my filter that instead of just throwing air to the tank, now give loads of bubbles, and ive noticed my wee gold serevum got some bubbles on his tail and thats it.
The filter is making a lot bubbles, but im using it more to hide some scratches, my question is, is it alright for the fish, or they hate bubbles?

Bubbles are the best thing in the tank. They oxyginate the water, and tend to keep things clean... Dont try to get rid of them. In a tank that size you donr even need a filter iif you have alot of bubbles... Which from what i can tell u have plenty...
Also bubbles dont allow algae to grow... I can think of a hundred reasons why bubbles are good none of which has to do with killing fish

Unless your fish are actively avoiding the bubbles, I wouldn't worry about it. I've never heard of a fish suffering a death by bubbles before.

Cool guys thank you!!! Thats all i needed to hear :)
They dont run away from it, they like to hang around it, i just wanted to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom