two fish questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crittergal

Aquarium Advice Regular
first I would like to know what colorful fish will work in a small school of hi fin rosey barbs, I small angel (dwarf- never got bigger than a silver dollar after 3 years) all in 55 gal tank. second question I am getting both green and alittle brown algae in my tank , what can I put in there to help clean the plants and glass up (no chemicals)

You could go with some Nerite snails they do an awesome cleaning job, fish wise you could look into a couple Siamese algae eaters even plecos do a nice job for the tank walls.

I'd go with the nerite snails. They don't produce much waste and can't reproduce in freshwater. For colorful fish, I would say a pair of German blue rams and a school of neon or glow light tetras.

I concur, the nerite snails are the best bet. You could get a bristle nose pleco or otos, but at some point you wil have to start feeding them.

First let me say excellent choice of fish. Rosys are one of my favorites. You did not say how many so I'll guess 8. You could go with the tetras suggested or maybe a school of 6-8 cherry barbs half regular and half albino. I f you go with long fin cherry barbs that would be a plus. You may also want to consider celestrial danios and maybe some penguin tetras just to break things up a bit. You could go with a pair of kribs on the bottom, again one normal one albino. If cichlids aren't your thing 10 kuhli loaches and 6-8 corys would liven things up.

thanks ever so much for all the ideas as to what I can put in with my rosey barbs.Pretty good guess henningc I have 7 roseys in my 55,and the one angel that never grew up ( like me! lol) Do most local pet shops sell these nerite snails and how many would I buy? going to the pet shop to check out some of these different fish also. thanks everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom