Updated 29g planted, need suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YaBuddyHuddie

Aquarium Advice Freak
So as of right now I have:
1 male swordtail
1 male guppy
3 male endlers
1 cobra male endlers
1 female black Molly
4 albino cories
Cherry shrimp colony (12+)

Not sure what else I'd like to add. I really want to find some anubias or something to tie to the driftwood.

As far as fish though I've had several different ideas.
6-8 cardinal tetras
Or
1 German blue ram (afraid of him eating shrimp)
Or
1 albino bushy nose pleco (had one that died, afraid to buy another)
Or 6-8 cherry barbs

Also looking for killifish like the pictures I provided.

I've looked at blood fin tetras, but when I look at the cardinal schools they just amaze me.

Adding a black Moscow guppy for sure, no questions asked.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• image-3004850062.jpg
    image-3004850062.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 66
  • image-3869253425.jpg
    image-3869253425.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 45
  • image-1775850463.jpg
    image-1775850463.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 47
  • image-2598723517.jpg
    image-2598723517.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 43
Also can someone try to identify this for me?

Attachments

• image-2098192188.jpg
    image-2098192188.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 62
Rivercats said:
It appears to be a crypt wendtii green from the underside of the leaf color.

I just don't remember what they guy at the LFS told me what it was when I bought it from him. I'll trust your judgement though. Have any comments on my other questions? I really need suggestions.

Finding killifish can be hard and then finding someone who would just sell you males is another problem. I have 3 pairs of Rachovii killifish and you can't keep males together in a small tank or they fight and often times one gets killed (and you can lose the other to injuries). All killifish are different and if you find one you like you need to research them before buying. I have all three pairs in a 220g heavily planted without issues but in a small tank a male and 2-3 females is all I could do. Here's a couple of my males. Notice how small they are, the 2nd pic lower left bottom. Maybe an inch long.

Attachments

• tank 18.jpg
    tank 18.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 52
  • tank 10.jpg
    tank 10.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 46
You could easily do cardinals fine. Cherry barbs might eat baby RCS's. A ram is a 50/50 chance of eating the shrimp. Rummy nose tetras would be pretty safe with shrimp and go well with cardinals. You could also look into Threadfin Rainbowfish, they are shrimp safe also. Oh, white cloud mountian minnows are red with some yellow and shrimp safe.

One picture is of several Threadfins and White Clouds, the other is a close up of both.

Attachments

• tank 13.jpg
    tank 13.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 57
  • tank 25.jpg
    tank 25.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 58
At a LFS, there is a breeder in town but of course won't tell who as they don't want competition.

Rivercats said:
At a LFS, there is a breeder in town but of course won't tell who as they don't want competition.

I see. I'm just so indecisive about this.

Had to take the endlers out because they were being bullies, leaving me with
1 male swordtail
1 female black Molly
4 albino cories
1 male guppy
12+ cherry shrimp

Aqadvisor says I'm 62% stocked, which I think is a little over what I would expect. I'd say around 52%. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should add now?

Back
Top Bottom