Urgent help required!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishio

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My tank has been set up for 6 months, I have 4 zebra danios, 1 balloon ram, 2 guppies and 1 dwarf guaromi that is really ill, thats been lying flat on the gravel for a few days and hasnt moved.

It started a week ago when I did a 50% water change, cleaned the gravel, got rid of a big live plant and 2 rocks. I put in 1 new rock which had been previously been in the tank and 2 new plastic plants. Since then my guaromi has been really ill, and one of the danios tail has shrunk and a small part of it has been red.

Ive done regular water tests and did a water change again a couple of days ago. My ammonia readings have been approx 0.25ppm, its hard to tell with the test kit if its 0 or 0.25ppm! My nitrate is 0, and nitrate is 15-20ppm. My tank is a juwel 70litre tank.

I have also reduced feeding for to every other day, only putting in a small amount.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Some additional information, water changes are done weekly with a gravel cleaner and tap water is treated with interpret tapsafe.

Isn't there like a Dwarf Gourami Disease? Maybe someone else will chime in with that, but I'm pretty sure. That could be what's wrong with the Gourami. As of Danios, could be aggression? Danios need a large school of about 6-8 to keep aggression down.

Sent from Amazon River

Isn't there like a Dwarf Gourami Disease? Maybe someone else will chime in with that, but I'm pretty sure. That could be what's wrong with the Gourami. As of Danios, could be aggression? Danios need a large school of about 6-8 to keep aggression down.

Sent from Amazon River

Dwarf gourami will likely stop eating and become very weak and eventually pass away in DGD. It is a high chance your gourami will have it due to excessive inbreeding in their gene pools causing this incurable disease. Like 8/10 DG will experience it.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom