Vampire Crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great pics Swim! And man you got a sweet deal; I've only seen vamps for $20+

Here's a great article on a paludarium that had vampires in it - 30Gal Paludarium Journal. It inspired my current paludarium project (link in my sig). You might wanna figure out a way to get some soil in there, maybe a plastic planter attached to the side of the tank. These crabs like to burrow. :)

Sweet deal indeed. And I thought of that but Idk never see them try to move the rocks ( though if you notice I do have a fake log they love to hide there from the light). Also I recommend the 1og being that they're not really suppose to be in deep waters (thats from all the research I read up on prior to buying). But also everything I read states everyone is still learning about these.

I wouldn't say they dig. Just hide from light. So like I said just have a hiding spot.

Have you seen the red devil variety? They're absolutely spectacular. O-O

images

Each supermarket has the option from farmers what species they want. Demand for the v.c.! Lol

Be warned though, in my research, I've read that the different varieties of Geosesarma crabs cannot be kept together or they'll tear each other apart. :(

Well you're doing a great job on researching them! They are quite beautiful and unique although I have large tanks with the next one I'm getting next week being a 55g. So keep us updated for sure about them and if it is ever found out that they can go into deeper waters, I will jump to get them! I just don't want to get them and then find out that they definitely can't survive in deep waters .. nothing quite like declaring death on your new family members right away, eh?

Hiding from light makes sense.. hence the name "vampire" crabs lol .. I just love to be able to see everybody in my tanks at least once a day .. kinda like for head count purposes =)

That's what I should of cleared up. I did say they can't be kept with other crabs in general. But yes this family won't get along at all. Get two v.c.'s

Alright, so here's the deal:

1. We all start paludariums.
2. We all get vampire crabs
3. We start a website called "Vampire Crab Advice"
4. ??????
5. Profit

Back
Top Bottom