vegetable feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feed my plecos zuccini, or cucumbers, but I boil it for a little bit first to soften it up. They seem to enjoy it.

how often would depend on how you want to balance the fish's diet.
i've had friends that fed their fishies some veggies 3-4 times a week, usually in their morning feeding.
you may also want to try some crushed dryed peas :)

And I do think that it really has an effect on the fish, my sailfin pleco, in the last 7 months has gone from 2in to 9in.

Both of my sailfins luv frozen romaine and spinach leaves.
Freeze the fresh leaves between sheets of wax paper so u can remove them one at a time. Just let the tankwater thaw them. I use all plastic clips with suction cups on them. You could just use a small stone to weigh it down to so it doesn't interfere with your filter intakes.

I feed my fish organic zucchini, cut up and put in a bowl with water, microwave for 1 minute.

I havent tried zucchini yet. Ive been meaning to though. So they really enjoy it?
Does anyone know exactly what nutritional benefits are linked to zucchini? I know alot of folks use it. Just wondering.

I buy it for my silver dollars, but all my fish enjoy it. Don't know the nutritional value, sorry

I know its pretty good for us, but for the fish I couldn't tell you ha. I usually have to try to drop it right infront of my pleco, or else my clown loaches claim it.

But I don't consider it a main food source. It can't possibly be as good for them as let's say, an algae wafer, cause veggies are part of a wafer. Plus the other stuff that's in wafers that they need. So its more like a treat/supplement.

Broccoli stalks are also nice, My old Golden algae Eater loved them. Cut off the tops and like with the zucchini, soften it in boiling water, let it cool and toss it in~<3 He'd nibble on it for a few days.

I suppose so, Idk though, I guess carrots might be ok. But I haven't ever heard of people using them.

Back
Top Bottom