Water change without suckn up dps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caroline79

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi just about to do first water change with siphon but the dp are coming to close , nearly sucked one up !! Lol what should I do ?

image-3271748198.jpg

Also are they likely to nip me ?

There not likely to nip you so don't worry. Just keep an eye on the syphon and try to keep it towards the gravel and you should be fine. They are just curious.

Shawn214 said:
There not likely to nip you so don't worry. Just keep an eye on the syphon and try to keep it towards the gravel and you should be fine. They are just curious.

Ok I will give it another try now lol. Fingers crossed!

Caroline79 said:
Hi just about to do first water change with siphon but the dp are coming to close , nearly sucked one up !! Lol what should I do ?

Also are they likely to nip me ?

Hi !
Does ur siphon have any extra protection nett? That fin inside the tube ...

Eliedaoura said:
Hi !
Does ur siphon have any extra protection nett? That fin inside the tube ...

No it does not maybe I can find a bit net . Also it takes to much of water out before I can get much cleaning done ! I have crushed gravel sand and some ends up in the bucket , I have to lift tube up so the sand falls back in . Any ideas ?

I have big gravel stones that why sand cant get everywhere.

Sand does look very nice and natural though!

Fishy Aston said:
I have big gravel stones that why sand cant get everywhere.

Sand does look very nice and natural though!

Yeah I would have been easier to use gravel but I was told not to use with dps, although I have seen them with gravel and they had fry so they must be happy!

Back
Top Bottom