Water Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, i have an issue with a white haze in my 55g tank. I think it might have something to do with the water i use, straight from the tap-dechlorinated of course. It builds up on my equipment, heater, filter pipes etc. I suspect it could be lime??. Any suggestions/advice/solutions welcome...Ian

I think thats usually do to hard water have you tested it for that
Wow, fast reply!!. I suspected that alright, i don't have a test kit for that..will have to invest in one. Is there a way to soften the water cheaply?..Ian

An ro/di would work to reduce the hardness there is also a water softener pillow that is rechargable so you could use it over again but i think the ro unit would work best

An ro/di would work to reduce the hardness there is also a water softener pillow that is rechargeable so you could use it over again but i think the ro unit would work best
I wrote my letter to Santa today and asked him for a ro unit..Fingers crossed!!. It was a bacterial bloom in the end but i still need an ro unit for my hard water..Andrew McFadden gave me some great advice as usual. Thanks for your advice too, i will be keeping a ear out for Santa's sleigh bells on Xmas Eve!!!, Thanks...Ian (y)(y)

Back
Top Bottom