Water Test - slacking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I used to test my water almost every day during and after cycling. Then I went to testing the day AFTER my water change to be sure everything was holding good. I swear its been 2 water changes since I last tested. Im going to try tonight but how often does everyone do it.
I have really been slacking.

I only do PH, Amm, trates, trites.

I test my salt water weekly, but that's only because I have to add supplements to keep everything in line.

For my fresh water, tbh after 6 months or so of not seeing any changes in my tests I stopped doing them for the most part. Maybe once every month or so I test the nitrate and pH. Not the best practice, but large weekly water changes has kept everything in check very well.

I'm the same. I don't test seasoned tanks very often unless I think there is a problem or I'm late doing pwc or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I tend to test nitrates weekly because I use that as a guide to the amount of WC required. All other tests I do monthly unless I've had a change, such as extra stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Testing The Tank Water

So I used to test my water almost every day during and after cycling. Then I went to testing the day AFTER my water change to be sure everything was holding good. I swear its been 2 water changes since I last tested. Im going to try tonight but how often does everyone do it.
I have really been slacking.

I only do PH, Amm, trates, trites.

Hello Nick...

I don't let my tanks go more than a week between water changes. Wastes take time to build to toxic levels, so if you're a good water changer and work up to the point you're changing half the water once a week, there's no reason to test the water, you know it's always safe for the fish. I have one tank I set up for no water changes and tested it a few months ago and the chemistry was fine. The others that get large, weekly water changes haven't been tested in several years.

B

I never test unless something seems off but my stock dont change. I havent tested in over a year.

Sent from my SPH-P500 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I never really test anymore maybe twice a year. I just do weekly WC. I figure if the tank didn't need it no harm in additional WC's just helps the fish grow faster.

Back
Top Bottom