wattage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I have a 29 gal. tank. My bulb is a 20 watt..that is the highest I can find for a 24" hood. Its called Flora-Glo and has 2,800 k. It grows plants and is good for fish. Is this enough wattage? thanks

Personally I would not choose a flora glo. Powerglo is good, Personally, I look through home depot and find bulbs that are philips daylight deluxe or natural sunshine, both are bright and good for plants (and cost less then 3$.) If you can get them in yoru size.

wow...I could only find Flora-Glo...what's bad about it? I used aqua-glo last time(the box said flora-glo and I just now noticed it a year later!!!!!!! when I am chaning!!!).

but will my plants thrive under this light? I can't take it back.

I don't think it's bright enough.. the spectrum of most T8 bulbs are sufficient for plants (most have 3 spectrum spikes).. If you can't take it back, ut might still be worth your while to check a home depot, 3$ more and you get a bulb that will do your plants better. I've also found flora glo's to start algae problems, but that may have just been my experience with it.

I had SOME algae but not a ton..i didn't have algae eaters either..I mostly got it on the glass where there were scrathes. I will use it this time and see about the other lights next time. thanks

Back
Top Bottom