weird new dwarf gourami color variation???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littletank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I just got a dwarf gourami. I've never seen this color variation before. Let me know if I'm just not observant at the fish stores or if it really is new. He's a dwarf, but is a little thinner than and less rounded than most dwarf gouramis and he's all honey red bud the top of his back and top of his top fin are dark blue, not light blue, almost a navy. It's really pretty. There was a whole tank of them and they were labeled sunset and blue or coral and blue. He's not neon at all--doesn't shimmer like the power blue or neon blue dwarf gouramis. It's a totally different blue on an almost all bright coral body. So have you seen this before?
littletank

I really do need to get on the digital camera bandwagon. Especially since we've got kids that our out of state friends keep asking to see. Maybe at Christmas.

I was looking at my new gourami, Aruba, this morning in the sunlight and the blue on the top back of his side and top fin is NOT navy or powder/neon. It's sort of a purple blue. It kind of looks like the blue you see when they inject dye into fish. Don't worry though, I don't believe in that and neither does my lfs, so he's NOT dyed. Anyhow, he's really beautiful and has a great personality!
littletank

yeah. good job toirtis. i looked up polyacanthus fasciatus and trichogaster chuna on google images and he definitely looks like trichogaster chuna with a little more blue than those images that the search came up with.

Back
Top Bottom