well now I feel stupid.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
Arg! Okay, so these past two or so months I've spent waiting for e-mails, confirmation, whatever to trade in my tank under warrenty because the sealant was supposedly failing. I had e-mails between myself and All-Glass, including pictures to their engineers. Finally I got a response and they said there were signs of failure and that I could take it to my LFS where I origionally got the tank. The LFS would then ship it in and I would be able to pick up my replacement as soon as they got another tank.

Well, I was leaving my apartment for about a month to see my dad so I took the entire tank down (it was a heavily planted 55 gallon, fish and all), found homes for everyone. I didn't want to worry about my apartment while I was gone. Anyway, I get back, I'm busy with my job, school, other things and finally get the 55 gallon tank to the LFS last week. The manager says there is nothing wrong with the tank and I've lost the e-mails to prove what All-Glass said to me. He just told me I am paranoid (which I would believe if All-Glass' engineers hadn't told me there was a problem) and to take it home and fill it up and put fish in. :evil:

I was/am so angry because of the fact that I had to take down my entire tank (which I waiting until the All-Glass engineers said there was signs of failure) and all I worked hard for, just to be told to start over.

I'm ready to just sell the tank, stand, lights and equipment. I'm so upset. :cry:

If the lfs believes theres "nothing wrong with the tank" why won't they simply exchange yours for a different one? I'm sorry your dealing with this rubysoho! I'd ask the lfs guy to put in writing that the tank is fine so you can go after him later if the tank leaks all over your floor. Whatever happened to "the customers always right" and stores worrying about their word of mouth reputations?

Can you contact all-glass again? Maybe they have the documentation of your correspondance with them. If they do, maybe they would contact your LFS directly on your behalf.

Sounds like that manager is a bad bussiness man. If he happly replaces the tank with a smile, He gets himself a loyal customer. I do not understand how some peolpe go about doing bussiness.

Back
Top Bottom