What can I add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GeekLikeThat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am looking for ideas on what fish I could add that will be compatible with the below stock for my 55 gallon tank.

1 angelfish (1.5" body)
2 GBR
7 panda cory
9 bentos tetra
rummynose or dwarf rainbow school (to be added)

Looking for a single fish or a pair. I was thinking another angel, or a gourami, but I am worried either of those would create aggression with the existing angel. Would like a little more variety in the tank. Any ideas? Thanks!

You could do another angel. Try not to get two males. Or you could add another GBR so your other one will pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Dwarf gourami's are always a good thing. Nothing too flashy, though, or your angel might get a bit aggressive.

I'd say add another angel of the opposite sex and then make sure there are clear places to establish territories for your GBRs and angels.

Do you have any plants or caves and driftwood? These are the best way to prevent aggression between species

I would add 3 more angels!!! Then Ull definitely get a pair of them and maybe 2 pairs!!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the replies. Seems like getting a female angel is the majority choice.

There are two large caves and some plants that creates broken sight lines.

Anyone have ideas for something other than an angel or dwarf gourami that might work well? I would do a pair of apistos, but the bottom of the tank is already pretty full.

Back
Top Bottom