What do you feed your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feed my oscars beefheart, bloodworms tubifex worms, O.S.I. brand pellets,shrimp,crickets and just about anythimg else they will eat.

O.S.I. breand food is very nutritional.

Oh they also get Multi Vit it is a multi Vitamin.

OSI flakes, Omega One flakes, Aquadine wafers, and Hikari algae wafers. I am getting my Pleco away from the Hikari wafers because they are messy, and making him eat fresh Zucninni (sp?).

i feed mine bio blend tropical, bio-blend bottom feeders, topfin algae wafers, wardlys algae wafers, frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp, snails for the puffers, and the occasional lettuce

and what do you maen give. buying or donating?

oh and how much 8P

Depending on the fish try cucumber, zucchini and peas! My tetras, African cichlids, dwarf cichlids, cories, loaches, plecos and catfish like their veggies!

I feed mine frozen bloodworms (an almost universal favorite amongst my fish), frozen tubifex worms, frozen Daphnia, frozen brine shrimp, Omega One flakes, Tetra Flakes, freeze-dried tubifex, and Hikari algae wafers. Carnivores like Polypterus, Ctenopoma, and Xenomystus get all of the above-named frozen foods and have Hikari sinking carnivore pellets, Hikari food sticks, and frozen beef heart added to their diet. I also supplement with fresh veggies (zucchini and cucumbers) for the barbs, loaches, and Siamese Algae Eaters. Every so often I'll also toss in a few minced earthworms for my carnivores.

Frozen bloodworms, freeze-dried bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, frozen squid, frozen scallops, frozen Daphnia, frozen beefheart (treat), freeze-dried tubifex, and freeze-dried krill.

Herbivores (and some omnivores, because they're pigs =P) get nori, zucchini, and cucumber. For the smaller omnivores I soak the nori and crumble it into flake-sized bits.

My livebearer fry get liquid foods, frozen brine shrimp, and a prepared food called "Micro Gram." I also give "Micro Gram" to adult guppies, neon tetras, and any small labyrinths that are hanging around. On a side note here- I tried pouring a bit of Cyclop-Eeze (a saltwater aquarium food) into my current guppy grow-out tank and the little things went mad for it. May be worth some further experimentation!

My catfish all greatly enjoy Hikari algae wafers and shrimp pellets- the loaches also relish the shrimp pellets as well.

In the Spring and Summer I supplement everything with earthworms, small spiders, and insects from the garden.

Lastly, I do sprinkle in Omega One Freshwater Flakes every now and then- that's actually the favorite of my angelfish. Whereas they will sit back and eye all of the more expensive stuff for almost as long as it takes for it to fall to the bottom, they immediately attack any flakes in the vicinity.

Back
Top Bottom