what do you recommend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazychick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
right,the angel fish have to go!so what would be best to replace them with?i have 4 minnows,1 red siamese fighter,2 albino catfish,2 neons

May I ask why the angels have to go? I know angels will eat neons but IMO I'd keep the angels and get rid of the neons. But I don't know if that is the reason you are getting rid of the angels.

yeah we know that now,the shop my hubby got them from didnt tell him that they would eat the other fish

only a couple of weeks and have eaten 2 neons and i have caught them going after the others,i have put the angels into another tank but they cant stay in there for long as its only small but i didnt want to lose anymore fish as the neons and minnows belong to my 9yr old son,and the angels have been nipping our red fighter,although he got his own back! lol,

Ok so you have an agressive pair. You could have some dwarf gourami's if you like them. Just make sure you have 2 females to one male. They have aggressive tendancies towards each other but can co-exsist in the same tank.

crazychick said:
2ft x 1ft x 15inches
That would be about 20 gallons.

Zagz said:
You could have some dwarf gourami's if you like them.
I'd be a little cautious keeping a betta and gourami together. It could work, but might not.

I would just up the numbers of the neons and minnows to 5-7. Also, are the catfishes you have cories?

Back
Top Bottom