What is "high quality" flake food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so how long are we talking before the flake food goes stale? a month? 6 months? Typically, I buy the medium to small bottles(?) of food and the small bags of pellets or wafters.

For anyone who has Killies, my GW Killie loves shrimp pellets. I just drop one near him and he snaps it up and swims off to let it soften up so he can eat it. He's really funny. Two pellets does him though - 1 morning, 1 night.

btw, i know folks say only feed the fish what they'll eat in 3 minutes, but if I throw in a frozen cube of worms/shrip/skeeters nothing hits the floor (or very little) and I have a several bottom feeders. I don't know how much they would get from that... I typically throw in a few wafers every few days just to make sure they have something. What do you guys do? Wafers or a little extra food?

black udder said:
so how long are we talking before the flake food goes stale? a month? 6 months?

Well-sealed and without refrigeration...probably 3-5 months, with refrigeration...6-10 months. Your main enemies are light, warmth, and moisture, so a dark, cold, dry freezer is a great place to store food.

What do you guys do? Wafers or a little extra food?

Both, but usually just some extra food, especially when I am feeding live or frozen (which I do a lot).

Back
Top Bottom