What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misterpenguin4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Was at petsmart today and was looking at the fish when I saw this. I have never seen this fish before and I think rainbow gobies are something else. Does anyone know what kind of fish this is and what its behavior is like?

img_2693690_0_260cb9a9b1f40a0a044eebbcd36d71fe.jpg

img_2693690_1_a72a68a80b21ab92556451994ac0a5af.jpg

Was at petsmart today and was looking at the fish when I saw this. I have never seen this fish before and I think rainbow gobies are something else. Does anyone know what kind of fish this is and what its behavior is like?

Ive heard them called stiphon gobies. Most people say peaceful although one person told me they are mean and eat slime coat. I doubt it.

I have Blue Cobalt Gobies which are in the same family and they need fine substrate to dig in (I have Eco complete fine grade which is close to sand sized). They need algae with the micro-organisms that live in it. I feed Repashy Superfood, the two algae ones they make (they are powders that I mix both types of together, add boiling water, stir, and it makes a gel). I've also seen them eat other foods tho. They aren't hard to keep but do like to borrow if the substrate is fine enough.

Rainbow Gobies are Stiphodon Ornauts, which is what the fish in the picture is. My Blue Cobalt's are Stiphondon Semoni which has the same basic requirements.

Back
Top Bottom