What kind of fish am I ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
They have it labeled as a wood cat? It's $13, Is that a good price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1448664329511.jpg
    1448664329511.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 99
The fish in question is a species of south american twig catfish. When I return home this weekend I can look in one of my magazines that has an article about them and identify it for sure. (y)

Ahhh Dallas saved the day! I knew catfish but not what exactly and knew the "wood" part wasn't exactly correct.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

the cat in the front appears to a juvie Rineloricaria falax (Delicate Whiptail) grows to about 15cm (6in.)
the fish in between the two P. hypophthalmus looks like a bagrid of some kind

Yes the one in the front that's flat on the substrate. Thanks!

I was going to say it reminded me of my Farlowella in shape.

Mine was sold as a Twig Catfish [emoji6]
1592933dc6b9978c4a79fe5248cccb00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did have 2 farlowella but this fish is definitely the rineloricaria fallax. Can't find much info on them. What I did find said if I want to breed then to buy a group of 6 so they can pair off etc the ususal.

As much as its a really awesome looking fish I think I will pass. They only had one specimen and I'm in it to breed right now more than I am for asthetics. I don't want to take up valuable tank space to qt one fish for 2 months when I could use the tank to grow out my money makers.

Thanks so much to everyone who responded!! I was surprised at the quickness that everyone jumped in to help. Great community we have here at AA!

yeah that's why I'm not a fan of common names as a lot species go under the same and its hard to know which fish in particular they're talking about

I did read that Hemiloricaria was the in between name. It went from Rine to Hemi back to Rine I think. At least during my research that is what came up. I thoroughly read planet catfish and a few other sites.

I really like the fish but I'd want to buy a group and unfortunately they just had one. I will check back though and see if they get anymore. I did notice their Rainbow tank had ich so I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to deal with potential issues that may come from a purchase at this store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom