What kind of fish to put in 5 gal freshwater tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you everyone! We bought a betta today. His name is Bettamaxx. He seems to be enjoying his new home. :D

i have a 6 gallon tank, and i keep 3 plattys and a molly with 23 baby molleys that my one molly had like within an hour of getting home, so far, they all seem happy. i might upgrade to a 20 gallon tank sometime in the near future, maybe have 2, because i like the size and the tastefulness of my 6 gallon tank on my dresser. i dont think that you are limited very much by the 5 gallon tank, as long as you dont overcrowd it, and its better to get like 7 or 8 SMALL fish than 2 big fish.

Welcome to your new home, Bettamaxx! You have such smart parents. I thought the "another betta" suggestions were the best listed here for a 5-gallon tank. Here's to a long, happy, healthy life!

Soo sorry that was a friend. platies would be nice!!! very easy to take care of!!! :D

Another betta would be the best choice, since u already know how to care for one and dont u just feel so sorry for them because they live in cups (I have 6 bettas) :D

Back
Top Bottom