What was your first freshwater fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My first fish ever was a black moore. Back when I was a kid, didn't know anything about keeping fish, and killed them all. Fast forward to my reentry to the hobby and it was an Orinoco angel pleco.

Pure black bar Endlers Livebears 2 male 1 female then 2 male guppies.

As you may know from personal experiences the livebears bred like crazy now I have a ton of Endlers. There is one fish from the original five a guppy (they lived in a 1/3 gallon plastic terrarium until I got a 10g). The first fry that dropped was a single fry and he is still alive.

They started my wonderful addiction/ way of life hobby back in the summer of grade 7. Year and a 1/4 since then.

Sent from my iPod touch 4th generation using Aquarium Advice app

As a kid we had a bowl in the bathroom with either a Comet or a Fantail Goldfish. I found out recently that we usually had a new fish every week when the last weeks fish died.

When i got into the hobby for myself i kept Comets in a 20g and occasionally added smaller schooling fish that didn't last all that long. I thought i was doing well to get 2-3 years of life from Comets in such a small tank.

A betta was my first fish that I cared for by my self

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

My first fish were a school of neons and a common pleco in a 10g as a kid, this was before I knew how big the plecos got! I will admit it was pretty cool as a kid to have such a big fish in my 10g but looking back at it now knowing everything I've learned I feel pretty bad for that fish.

When we had just a family tank and didn't know anything, I had a dwarf gourami.
My first successful fish was a betta, then the addiction never stopped.

Back
Top Bottom